Got Bikes?...Ride 'em! - Part 3

This afternoon was our 3rd installment of the Got Bikes?...Ride 'em! program. Today we were at the College Park Community Center and were visited by Commissioner Stewart. We had over 75 kids and gave away 5 bikes and helmets.

One of the main things that I come away from these events, is how attentive the kids are and how well run the after school programs are. The kids are excited about winning bikes, but they sit through an hour of presentations and demonstrations before they receive anything. When I was a kid, I don't think that my classmates and I would have been as attentive as I have seen so far. The staff in these centers are doing a great job of teaching discipline and keeping things under control.


Of course when it was time to give away stuff, the kids were racking up. Each child was getting a water bottle from David's World Cycle and a packet of bicycle safety information that included a flashing red bike light, mini bike license plate, and of course several pieces of safety literature. Orange Cycle was one of the bicycle sponsors today and donated a boy's BMX bike, so it was a battle between the College Park bike shops on who could give the most. I don't think that the kids minded!



As always, if you have a bike to donate or want to see how you can contribute to this program, contact me.